Saturday, March 22, 2008

What's going on lately...

A few friends have wondered what has been going on in our lives lately. Well, let's see--- Since Adam returned from Iraq late last year, we have been slowly returning to our normal routine. It was so difficult to be apart from each other for over a year and neither of us will ever be the same again. It's amazing how two people can grow closer to each other with thousands of miles between them. Okay, I'm not a sap, but I love that Adam and I are together again. (Okay, yes I am a sap..) Other families who have been through the same thing will understand.

As many of you know, Adam and I have been wanting to have kids for a number of years now. We can't wait to start our own little family unit and hope to be blessed in the next couple years. Speaking of babies..my little brother and his beautiful wife, Lauren, just had a daughter a few days ago. Congratulations! I love Avery Claire Barney! I'll post some pics soon of their little bundle of joy. I can't wait to meet her.

Adam and I will be in and out of the house over the next couple of months. I am going to Romania again this week and also on to Tbilisi, Georgia (the country, not the state). It's as far from home as I have ever been, so we'll see what kinds of adventures my boss and I will have! Adam and I then go to California with my sister's family and will spend a couple days in San Diego to visit Adam's side of the fam. A few weeks after that, Adam will be in Germany for a while and I hope to get in a quick trip to Utah during that time too.

Let's see, what else can I tell whoever reads this blog about our lives? Well, I finally went to one of Adam's church basketball games this morning. Tis the season for March Madness--they won their first game, but were eliminated the second game by one of the single's wards. I must say that it wasn't necessarily fair that they made the old married farts play two games in a row--but I kept my mouth shut. Adam was smacked around quite a bit, but boy is he quick on the floor! There is hope yet for our kids! Here's a picture from my phone (I only have the back side of Adam, #15)..
Well, that's it for tonight. I promise to update more often...;)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Whoa! Georgia (the country) does sound a little crazy. How is your mother handling that one? Anyway, when are you coming to Utah? I feel like I haven't seen you in a year! Oh wait, I think it has almost been a year! Tell Jeffy congrats on the baby! I think her name is adorable. Hope to hear from you again soon! Love ya!

Cameron and Michelle said...

I had no idea Jeff was married-i am sure i heard about it but never really put it together. What do you do on your trips? Thank you for the update. It was a start keep it going :) I am trying to convince deb & lisa to start a blog. Let me know when you are coming to utah-we may be up north then and I would hate to miss you. I am not sure I even know where Georgia is-have fun. Michelle

Paul or Lindsay said...

Katie!!! Hello...it's a blog stalker. This is nat's sister Lindsay; We are going to be in DC for the summer, (third time's the charm or so they tell me) and I do believe that we owe you a dinner and probably owe Adam a night at a baseball game. I'll have to get your number and give you a ring. Have fun on your trips. Glad to hear that Adam is home.

Leanne said...

Hey Katie, Michelle's big sis here. I just love reading your adventures, you need to blog more, your life is so much more interesting then ours. :) I can't believe Jeff? Married and has a child? UNbelieveable! How's Dana? Does she have a blog? KEEP BLOGGING!

Leanne said...

Hey Katie, Michelle's big sis here. I just love reading your adventures, you need to blog more, your life is so much more interesting then ours. :) I can't believe Jeff? Married and has a child? UNbelieveable! How's Dana? Does she have a blog? KEEP BLOGGING!

walkerbunch said...

Hey Katie,
I'm new at this blogging stuff. Natalie has been walking me through it step by step this past week. -(I hope it's okay that I peeked at your site). -It sounds like you're doing well. I always ask my mom for updates on how you're doing (You know that she and Sandy like to visit during relief society). I miss you a lot! Call me when your home and we'll do lunch or we can play a little Mario Kart. -Remember those days? See ya later. Love, Kel

Dana said...

Hey! Glad you're back in the good 'ole USA! Can't wait to see you soon. The b-ball picture is too funny. I can picture Adam huffing and puffing away!