Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Life, New Home?

Adam and I just put in an offer for a cute little 1920's victorian in Salt Lake, near Westminster. Hopefully this was a good decision, but we couldn't stand to waste money on rent.  Adjusting to the slower pace in Utah is a good, but odd feeling.  D.C. was a growing experience for us both and we miss it a lot.  I must say though that the 10 minute commute for Adam beats the 45min-1hour ride into work in D.C. each way (and we only lived about 12 miles from it)!  


We'll see what happens.  Sorry for the long pause in blogging--I'm still adjusting to our new lives!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your new home! I am jealous of the commute! We miss you guys, wish we could've gotten together one more time before you left...maybe we'll just have to visit you in Utah!!

walkerbunch said...

Katie,
I hope you guys get your house! Where are you staying right now? I would love to come see you. Maybe we could get together this next week and go to lunch or something. Give me a call. 380-7340. See ya soon.

Andrea said...

glad you made it there safe and found a new home! but how will you ever mow your lawn now?? haha. we are taking good care of the BBQ too. miss you guys.

Denise C said...

Good luck on getting the house - but if it is supposed to be your house, it will be! Gosh, I miss you!! The lunch time coversation gets a little boring sometimes. Drop me a note soon!

Natalie said...

I'm excited for you! Did you think of a book club book yet??