Thursday, September 18, 2008

Playgroup mama drama..

Rachel (my sis) and I went for a little walk by her house the other day to the park and I could not believe the lion's den we encountered.  Packs and packs of "play groups" congregated every where.  I don't think I've ever seen this little park so dag-blasted full.  Rachel and I were in full work-out gear as we approached and immediately realized we were severely underdressed.  It looked like most the mothers were decked out in what I would call "my very special going out, outfit."  So, we decided that the next time we venture that way again, we will either wear our wedding gowns or prom dresses (circa 1997).  I think I may even break out a Jody dress or two.

6 comments:

Cameron and Michelle said...

That is what I love most about st. george. I can go anywhere in my pj's and not feel underdressed. It was the strangest feeling going to the mall up north, I immediately felt out of place-Cam even felt it. How obnoxious! I am sure DC didn't have that. It is really kind of sad because I am sure there is a lot of time wasted on non-important stuff and there are a lot of people who feel that they can't keep up with it all. I love to be underdressed just to make others feel better about themselves. Remember how we didn't care at Ricks. go for the wedding dress next time :)

Rachel said...

That was quite the experience. I went back yesterday in the late afternoon wearing all of my jewels only to find that we were the only ones there! I guess if you want to be seen you have to go at noon.

Natalie said...

I think everyone in Utah County gets their fashion advice from the "Good Things Utah" gals. If you ever want to hear a sarcastic commentary on that show, come on over to the Ricks house!

Unknown said...

If think that's bad, trying wearing a lavalava to church in Lehi : ) Hilarious post. I'm learning a lot of new things about life in Utah Co. Such as, you can't even go to Walmart unless you're dressed to the nines. I also went to the Lehi Rec and found that you even men wear make-up to work out! Not really, but pretty close. Thanks for the laugh.

Set

Abarca's said...

Oh, how I miss Utah!

Cameron and Michelle said...

hey Katie, i did call your mom to get your number. we came up on a saturday and left back home around 5 that same day. It was a last min. trip and a fast trip. I was hoping to come by and see you guys but we will have to next time. What is your cell number?