Friday, October 10, 2008

Give me the original!

I am always suspect of American versions of British and Australian TV shows.  I was upset when I found out there would be an American version of "The Office" since I had been a fan of the Brit original and couldn't possibly see how they could make it as funny.  Well, I was wrong and the American version is just as funny, in a different way, as the original from across the pond.  So, I was curious to see how the US version of "Kath & Kim" would turn out.  It's on Thursdays, right before "The Office" so it must be good....right?  WRONG!  It was horrible! Everything about it was disjointed. Although, I must give a shout-out to John Michael Higgins from "Best in Show" and other awesome Christopher Guest movies, he was the only funny part in this crapper. Give me the original!  I have been a true "Kath & Kim" fan for a few years and could not believe how horribly written and cast this show was!  I know most, if not all of you haven't experienced one of the best shows ever on television, so check out their website and you will understand my fury.  Here's the original cast, in all their glory: 



U.S formats of the DVD's are not available, but will be soon.  So, party at my place for all you foxy ladies and hunks-0-spunk?  Seriously, you don't want to miss this show.  (Oh, sorry for those who read this post and think I don't have anything better to do with my time....you may be right, but you'll thank me in the future).  For now, I apologize to all Australians and will understand if you don't speak to any U.S. citizen for at least a week.  I may be crazy, but at least my sisters know what I'm talking about!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Okay, so I watched it, and I thought, "I wonder what Katie thinks, because this is awful!" I now have to see the original. Maybe you could watch it with me sometime.