Friday, January 30, 2009

I can't wait..

...we find out if we are having a little boy or girl in two weeks.  This whole experience is weird (yes that is the best way I can describe it).  


Adam and I have yet to have a serious conversation for naming our new little one.  Names of "consideration" have been: Chattanooga Choo Choo Kolowich, Mr. T, Electric Boogaloo Kolowich, Koolbabe Express Kolowich, The Real Deal Kolowich (but we would have to insist on pronunciation "rill dill" since we live in Utah now) and anything that will make our little one have the initials "A.O.K."  Adam thinks he is really funny sometimes:)

I think once we know the gender, we will start to think seriously about it.  Any thoughts would be appreciated....Obama Kolowich any one?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh man, the naming thing is SO hard. If it makes you feel any better, Matt and I haven't really had any "serious" talks about baby Call's name and he's due in 4 weeks. My only advice: don't buy any books called, "55,000+ Baby Names". More is NOT better. It will overwhelm the heck out of you.

P.S. Call me when you find out.

Laurel Nelson said...

Too funny! I would leave the naming until you know the gender as well. I like knowing meanings of names too, it can help elevate an otherwise "ho hum" name to "wow" status with me if the name means something really cool.

Natalie said...

I CAN'T WAIT! I've been thinking about this naming dilemma of yours, and I think to pay homage to yesteryear, you should add "Peptol Bismol Kolowich, and Dolly Parton Kolowich" to the list. I'm still waiting to watch those vids with you!

Shelly said...

Check out a book called the Baby Name Wizard by Laura Wattenberg or her blog, babynamewizard.com She's amazing and has done incredible research on naming trends in the US. If you ever wondered what names are hip and why, you'll love it. Plus it's fascinating to see the trends. I could spend hours there. Enjoy!

Jeff said...

I vote for Obama (the baby, not the stimulus package).

Krystin said...

So happy to get back in touch with you guuys! Congratulaions on the baby...good luck with the names. I like to go to the Social Securtiy website and search their names database...they have lists of the most popular names(by year and by decade) dating back to 1900...it's kind of cool, but takes A LOT of time! If you named him Adam Jr...he would be A.JrK. Be careful!

Tiffany Walker said...

Hey there! Congratulations on your upcoming arrival. I am so very happy for you. Good luck with the whole naming dilemma, it can be tricky. Yay for you and Adam!