Friday, March 27, 2009

The happenings....

Once again I haven't updated my blog in quite a while.  No excuses.  Here are a few things that have happened lately:

*We found out we are having a BOY!  I guess I shouldn't be surprised because I have 20+ nephews and only a few nieces.  We haven't decided on any names.  I have a feeling it's going to be a challenge.  Adam is still adamant that we fit in "Oscar" somehow.  (Yeah right).

*Adam and I went to a military ball at the capitol a couple of weeks ago.  As we walked in, we both realized that the last time we had been on a date in that building was 13 years ago for Adam's prom in 1996.  He claims I asked him to take me home early all those years ago, but all I remember is that I didn't know any one since I went to a different school and that I couldn't stop giggling at a girl in our group whose dress was way too low and whose fake eyelashes kept falling down.  

We had a great time.  Adam loves to get his groove on and I like to stand back and watch him in all his glory.  I didn't really shake my tail feather because I thought that would look weird since I am 6 months pregnant.  I mean really, who wants to see a pregnant lady do the running man?





*We were able to insert ourselves into Rachel and TJ's Disney vacation.  Adam and I had enough sky miles to make a quick trip and we had such a good time.  Hopefully they didn't mind that we tagged along.  Their little boy, Koy, was so cute that we just can't wait until our little guy is old enough to go!   I forgot my camera so my only pick is from my phone:


I haven't been on "It's a Small World" for years.  I heard they shut it down for a while to put in bigger boats for the ever-expanding American body.  I must say that I appreciated the extra room and I promptly stuffed my face with a caramel apple right after---in appreciation of Disney's effort to cater to our population, of course.

*That's it for now!  On to working on the nursery!!!

11 comments:

CPT K said...

D-land was fun.

Jill said...

From that picture, you sure don't look 6 months prego... hope to see you again soon!

walkerbunch said...

I'm jealous of your Disney Land trip. That's neat that you were able to go with your sister.
You look really good for being 6 months pregnant. We need to give you a shower before Adam Jr. gets here. Has Natalie talked to you about it yet? Let me know when would be a good time. I want to help. Love you Katie. See you later.

Natalie said...

Ok...6 months pregnant my eye! You look fabulous. I would have paid good money to see Adam dancing and grooving. And, I would have paid even better money to see you do it as a pregnant lady. Oh well, we'll just have to stick with the old, classic 90s Cavette movies!

Unknown said...

You guys look great all dressed up! Well, you always look great. I love your little pregnant belly.

Shelly said...

Wow, you look great! Maybe it's the black dress but you sure don't look big. Hope everything is going well!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you finally updated your blog. Is that your cute house that the pictures were taken in? I want to come see it. It looks so charming.

P.S. You make a stunning couple. Love to you both.

Cameron and Michelle said...

Holy Cow!! you look sooo good! How fun you are having a boy. There is something about little boys-i just love. I don't think I have told you, lisa, or deb, but I am pregnant. I know crazy! Yes it was on purpose. We wanted to have another one quick. I am 16 weeks so I should know soon what we are having. I am sooo excited for you. I wish our lives weren't so crazy. I hate that we don't even talk. I haven't even talked with Lisa since she had her baby. I am a bad friend. If you guys ever need a break we would love to have you in st george for a weekend!

Jess said...

You guys look fabulous! I'm so happy that you updated your blog, we have been dying to see your belly! NDIC sure misses the Barney girls. Can't wait to see your little guy's pics. Alyssa is now 8 and my little girls are now 3 and almost 1 -- can you believe that? Time flies...enjoy every moment. Love to both of you.

Betsy said...

Hey! What great news for the Kolowiches! I am so happy for you! A baby boy is wonderful! Congratulations and much love always. Betsy

Betsy said...

OOPS!! I have only ever blogged with Kelly and my name is Mom!! Sorry - it's not your Mom; it's Betsy S.