Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Diamond Spotting

I hear the robots from American Idol will be singing all Neil Diamond tonight. I don't know if I can watch them desecrate such amazing work by the Master Songwriter. I've loved Neil since my parents blasted his music in our station wagon when I was a young girl. Yes, I had great taste in music even then. For all you haters of Neil, let me help you see the light--

He was a master then:

And now he is KING:

He's one well preserved guy. I love him. Adam begs me to throw away my "Diamond Head" t-shirt that I bought at his concert a few years back. It has holes and the letters are faded, but I can't seem to part with it. All the Barney girls were on the second row of his concert and he even winked at me (from his awesome revolving stage). So, if you haven't unearthed your love of Neil, I'll make you a playlist of his "must-haves" and it will blow your mind. Once you've turned--Rod Stewart is next....:)

4 comments:

walkerbunch said...

Neil is pretty great. I remember singing "Turn on your heart light" when I was little. Have you heard his remake "They're coming to America." -It's pretty funny.

Natalie said...

Did you watch it? I was out visiting teaching and forgot to have Brian record it for me. I guess I'll have to watch the re-caps tonight. And, NEVER THROW AWAY that t-shirt, no matter what Adam says.

Rachel said...

Neil is a legend! I found dad's purple Neil Diamond concert shirt and have been wearing it around. If TJ is wearing camo pants, I'm wearing the "In the Round" shirt. I've never been ashamed of my affection towards Neil!

Carly said...

Hi Katie, Mike & I are big Neil Diamond fans as well. Some of our friends made fun of us when we went to the concert a couple years ago, it was awesome!!!!!