Friday, June 6, 2008

Last day at work!

Today was my last day at work. It was really hard to say goodbye to the wonderful people I have worked with for the past 4 years. I have had so many amazing experiences and had the opportunity to travel to places I never, EVER thought I would go. I've met people from all over the globe and will miss those crazy interactions. I think I've said this before, but Adam and I will be really sad when we leave D.C. We've had such a blast, but I am excited to see what will happen in the next few years.

We plan to pull into the land of Zion (that's our loving term for Utah for all you non-Utahns) on the 4th of July. We figured that would be a great day and could pretend all the fireworks are set just for our arrival.

Now, where on earth will we live out there? I'll let you know when we figure that one out...

5 comments:

Jill said...

I was baptized on the 4th of July... it was fun to pretend all those fireworks were celebrating me that day!

Good luck finding a place to live - you guys will do great there. We'll miss you so much!

CPT K said...

You are the best!

You will be missed. Great job with all the projects.

Denise C said...

Girl - you know how to make an entrance don't you! Of course those fireworks are for you! ZI - ON, as Larry would say, will be all the better with you and Adam. I am SOOOOO not looking forward to work tomorrow without you, Tara, Erin, Mel, Larry! YUCK.

Natalie said...

I'm just so excited, I can hardly stand it! I just can't imagine what it will be like to get a "Katie" fix whenever I need it! I may drive you up the wall, but whenever I need to get out (which is often), I'll be calling you!

Michael Isom said...

Your name is still on the door at work...a memorial I guess :-)

btw, our family is really going to miss you guys...especially the fishing and cookouts!