Wednesday, May 14, 2008

TAGGED!

Thanks Nat for this one:


10 years ago: 1998--Well, I had just tried a year at Ricks College and realized that I did not fit in AT ALL--so, I went on down to BYU.  What a big change huh?   I was also busy writing a certain guy who was serving his mission in Brazil.  Turned out I married him 2 years later!

5 years ago: 2003--  Wow, I don't really remember much of this year.  At the end of 2003, Adam and I were preparing for our big move to D.C.

5 months ago: December-- Just getting used to having my hubby back after his year in Iraq.  I found myself just staring at him and pinching him all the time.  I guess some things never change...

5 things on my to do list today:-- 1. Pick up Adam from the airport (he was in Germany for the past three weeks).  2. Prepare some bogus documents for our fascist home owner's association to pass on to the people who are buying our house.  3.  Study up on how to work my new camera.  4. Find a place to live when we move to Utah.  5.  Plan some going-away parties.

5 snacks I enjoy:-- 1. grapes  2. frozen grapes  3.  granola bars (only the crunchy kind)!  4. crepes with strawberries and Nutella (okay, that's not really a "snack" but I have a craving for it right now).  5. Goldfish crackers.

5 things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire (other than the obvious of paying tithing):  
1. invest 2. buy a home 3. buy homes and erase any debt for all my family and friends 4. travel, travel, travel 5.  donations to epilepsy foundation and parkinson's research.

5 of my bad habits:  1. I rarely make the bed in the morning  2. I spend way too much time stressing over other people's feelings  3.  I don't return phone calls as quickly as I should!  4. I stay up too late  5. I get easily frustrated with my commute to and from work every day.

5 places I have lived: 1. American Fork, UT  2. Rexburg, ID  3. London, England 4. Sierra Vista, AZ 5. Alexandria, VA

5 jobs I have had: 1. Zuka Juice 2. Target (ugggh) 3. Barnes & Noble 4. Jorgensen Appraisal 5. DIA

5 things people don't know about me:
1. I bungee-jumped off a tram in the Swiss Alps when I was 18.

2. A bouncer confiscated my sister's I.D when I tried to get into a 21-and-over club in Salt Lake when I was 18.  The other girls had "fake" I.D's too and walked right through, but when the guy looked at my sister's card and then my face, he just laughed and said "nice try."  I guess it didn't help that my sister had blond hair and blue eyes and I had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.

3. I didn't graduate from seminary.  All I have to say is that it wasn't my fault....

4.  I, just like my friend Natalie, sluffed a lot in high school and still managed to get all A's.  Funny thing is I would usually just go home and sleep.

5.  I was in the Fred Savage Fan Club--and proud of it!



9 comments:

walkerbunch said...

Hey Katie,
This is the first time I've heard of you going to a 21+ club and having your sister's ID taken away. -That's pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh. See ya soon. Love, Kel

Sara B said...

Katie that was a fun post to get to know you better. See you next weekend!

Natalie said...

Hey Sluffer! Did I ever know about the Fred Savage fan club? I do remember the "Dummy Award" in seminary. I still tell that story to this day, and everyone finds it hilarious. All I can say is, Did anyone really ever go to seminary? I sure didn't!!

Natalie said...

P.S--When you move to Utah, my sisters, myself and my mother would like to start a bookclub with the Barney gals. Find out if your fam is in!

Unknown said...

Fun things to learn about you! Good luck in Utah.

Jake Walker said...

Hey Katie,

It is has been FOREVER since I have seen or chatted with you, but had to say hello. I saw your link on Nat's blog and couldn't resist taking a look! You look beautiful and I am excited you get to move back to Utah. I am glad things are going well for you and Adam. Hope to chat with you soon. See ya, Tiff

walkerbunch said...

Katie,
Are you back in Utah yet? It's been about three weeks since your last post, so I was just thinking about ya. Let me know if you need some help moving, okay. Love, Kel

Leanne said...

Hey Katie, It is soo exciting that you guys are moving to Utah. I can't believe we missed you when you were here. we were up north. Your home in DC is beautiful. I am sad that we never got to come and visit. When are you actually moving. We hope to see you guys soon. Love, Michelle

Leanne said...

sorry I was logged in as Leanne-I am sure whe would want to say hi too. remember me I was your roommate at Ricks :)